I get so many questions all the time about blogging. Why, how, what is it and lots more. And since the whole blogging thing is very foreign to the regular person, a lot of people don’t even know how to show their support to a blogger. As a boutique owner it’s pretty clear how to support me there. You come shop! But as a blogger it’s almost like, ok that’s cool and all, but what does that have to do with me? Well I’m about to enlighten you my friends! Bloggers can use your support just as much as any other small business owner! Today I’m breaking down 6 ways to support your blogger friends.
- Go to www.pearlsandtwirls.net – Ok this is pretty straight forward but let me explain. If you see me share a blog post on social media and like what you see. Click on it! Anyone who has a website knows that traffic to your site is important. And as a blogger it’s very important to us as well! Brands we work with want to see numbers and we work hard to create the content we post on our websites. We don’t just create that to post on social media. Sure, we take pride in the photos we post on instagram, but our true “baby” is what’s on our website. And that’s what’s most important to us. So long story short, click on that link that’s shared on social and give our blogs a little l-o-v-e.
- Engage – I’m not even going to give, “follow on social media” it’s own number, because, duh. So I’m skipping straight to engagement. If you’re in the social media biz for anything other than just personal use you know what I’m talking about. But if you don’t, here’s the deal! Facebook & instagram know who your favorites are. They know who’s posts you comment on and like and they show you those at the top of your feed! Sooo if you want to see my posts, try to give em a like and a comment. If you don’t, no prob, keep not liking and I’ll be down the feed with the other’s you don’t love to see.
- Give Feedback – You don’t have to comment or give feedback on everything. Aka, “I don’t really like the boots you put with that dress” while yes, that’s feedback, but what I’d really love to hear is different things you’d like to see! If you like a new series I’m trying or a recent post that covers something different, let me know! If you think my Repeat Offender series is inspiring for you to re-wear things in your wardrobe a new way, I’d love to hear that! I’d also love to hear what things you’d also love to see on the series! If you love this post, sharing more about things that are a little more “real” let me know! I’d love to write more posts that are similar to this one but I have no way of knowing if you even like it or not unless you tell me. I sound like an annoyed significant other, but really, I can’t read your minds.
- Share – This one is a no brainer, but sometimes you just forget. If there’s a post you love, share it! Facebook & twitter are super easy sharing platforms and if you think your friends and followers would love to see a post, share it with them! Same for pinterest, pinterest is great for sharing images and if you like to pin outfit photos please share mine! Who knows, your followers may repin and find that they love my outfit posts!
- Sign Up For Emails – Don’t keep up with the social media madness and can’t keep up with checking in on new posts? Well you can always sign up to get emails with my latest post updates! (look for the “subscribe to my posts” box in the right sidebar!) I know email alerts aren’t for everyone but I do have a few readers that love getting my posts straight to their inbox. This also helps with #1! Click through on that email for extra support!
- Shop My Links – This might be a little taboo to so publicly share/ask for support here but a lot of people who I’ve explained this to love that it was spelled out so clear and love showing their support by shopping my links! So all the shopping links I share here, and on LIKEtoKNOW.it on social media are actually affiliate links. Aka I get rewarded if you shop! If you love the shoes I’m wearing I would LOVE if you clicked through here and ordered through my link, because I get a small commission if you do! How’s that for support!?! Bloggers love sharing their shopping finds and sale finds and we LOVE it when you click our links and order! Of course, only order what you want and love, but I’d definitely appreciate you ordering these Old Navy flats from this link versus just going to the store and buying them.
- If you need a little more info on LIKEtoKNOW.it I shared more of a how-to here.
- If you want to shop my instagram without signing up for LIKEtoKNOW.it you can see all linked photos and shop straight from my blog! You can find a tab at the top of the page that will take you here.
As always, I’d love hear your thoughts on this post and if there’s anything else you would like to see. If you have any questions please feel free to email or comment below! I’d love to chat more with you!
Also, make sure you’re following me on all social media for easy sharing! Follow on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest!
Love everything about this post! I have those flats and love them!! This post is so great! Women empowerment all the way!!
I love this post! I think there is a lot that goes into blogging that most people don’t understand. I’m glad you shed some light on the topic 🙂
I love this post! Glad you shared this post!
Bethany // http://www.simplybethany.com
Such a great post! There is so much more involved in blogging than just taking a few cute pictures! Unless your a part of the community you wouldn’t really know how much a simple click, like, ect means. Thanks for sharing this post!
I can not wait to share this with my friends! Blogging can be so weird to non-bloggers. Thanks for this post!
Comments are closed.