Statemint Consignment kicks off this week and I’m so excited! I’m not selling as much this go around because I sold so much last fall, but I’m super excited to send some good pieces to new homes and snag some awesome finds for myself! This suede fringe jacket was probably my favorite find from last season! Getting great finds definitely isn’t the easiest thing (aka this jacket didn’t just jump out at me) but I do have some good tips on how to make the most of your shopping experience. Last year about 15 minutes into shopping the sale I realized I had the wrong mindset and I swear changing my mindset is what lead me to this jacket!
Tips for Shopping Consignment
1. Think BIG and Look For Stand out Pieces. I saw a girl carrying around the most amazing vintage western jacket and thought OMG how did she find that?! So I went straight to the coat section and actually found some amazing pieces. But thinking more about looking for the more statement pieces is what lead me to spotting this little suede fringe!
2. Don’t Look Just Once. My strategy is to take one lap around to look for things that stand out to me and scoop up the awesome pieces and the brand names! (Tip: looks like there is a lot of free people coming to the sale!) Then I’ll take a second look to really dig through and find the hidden gems. I found some real cute band tees and my now favorite cropped button down (worn here) when I was really digging through!
3. Look for Your Color. I’m forever drawn to pink and know I’ll always reach for it, know your colors and shop your colors. I definitely skim for the good pink pieces first because I know they’ll end up being my favorites anyway.
4. Grab It All and Weed Through at the End. Grab, grab, grab! I load my arms and bag up with everything and then weed through it all at the very end. You’ll find there are some things that definitely stand out as “musts” and other things you just grabbed to grab! I also love it because there are usually other people around doing the same thing that actually might want your rejects!
5. Wear Light Layers so You Can Try Things On. There aren’t dressing rooms, so I try to wear something lightweight that I could slip pieces over to see if they fit. I found the most adorable white corduroy skirt last time which was a little big and I didn’t try it on. So this time I’m going to wear leggings so I can slide things over, and a tank so I can throw a jacket or a top over it.
*Bonus* Follow Statemint on Instagram. This one is Statemint specific, but Sarah posts a lot of sneak peeks and I literally ran to snag these Schutz wedges after she posted they were there AND my size! Obviously they won’t hold anything for you but you can definitely screenshot your favorites and go scope them out as soon as you arrive! Don’t be sad if you can’t find because there are lots of other treasures to be found! (Follow Statemint Here)
If you’re local, you should totally join us for the best Knoxville Adult Consignment Sale! It’s this weekend, March 23-25! Here’s the schedule:
Friday, March 23 10am – 8pm
Saturday, March 24 9am – 8pm
Sunday, March 25 12pm – 6pm
Shop The Outfit: