If you can’t tell I’m all about the goals lately! I set some fun fall goals which I think will help me avoid burnout during such a busy season. But I can’t forget about my monthly goals! This month I’m changing things up a little and am saying “no” to three things.
Saying no to things that may be a time suck, that might be dragging you down instead of lifting you up, and things that might not serve you long term can actually open up SO MANY YES’s! There have been a few little things I’ve started saying no to in my personal life and even in mine and Jared’s relationship that have made huge improvements over this past year. I think picking a few things to say “no” to and really hold yourself accountable to those can be life changing.
I also just started Rachel Hollis’ Last 90 Days Challenge and am so excited about it! A few things coordinate with her 5 to Thrive list and I’m super excited to finish off this year with a bang! (If you’re doing this too and would like to be in my instagram accountability group let me know!! I’d love to cheer you on! And if you want to know more about this read more here!)
3 Things I’m Saying “No” To This Month
- I’m saying “no” to not having set sleep hours during the week – I was listening to a Lewis Howes podcast last week on how to avoid burnout and he said having healthy, set, non negotiables for your day was so important. Having a non negotiable wake up and bed time. That way you’re forced to get more done during those day time hours and they never change. I’m guilty of putting things off until the end of the day when I’m less productive, I take longer to complete tasks, I stay up later than I should and therefore I wake up later the next morning than I should. So this month I’m going to do my best to get on a better sleep schedule. Computer off and phone down by 11:00 – 11:30 pm and out of bed by 7:00 am.
- I’m saying “no” to drinking Diet Cokes – Eeek! I swear I’ve been meaning to do this for years and I just can’t quit the stuff! I know I need to, but I just don’t want to. So for the Last 90 Days Challenge you’re supposed to cut out a food group you know you shouldn’t be eating and mine is Diet Cokes. By saying it’s just for 90 days makes it seem a little less intimidating, but I know once I make it through the 90 Days I’ll likely just stick with it!
- I’m saying “no” to overusing the phrase “I’m tired” – Our thoughts are everything and so are the things we tell ourselves. Lately I feel like I’ve been telling myself I’m more tired than I actually am, in turn making me even more tired! Ah! I’m going to do my best to exercise every day, get my sleep hours in line and keep my body super hydrated and see how I FEEL each day. If I do get tired from time to time, ok, but I’m going to do my best to listen to what my body is telling me instead of just using “being tired” or “exhausted” as an excuse.
Things I’m saying YES to this month?
- Getting into a routine
- Feeling like my best self
- Daily exercise
- Coffee dates once a week with friends
- More productive days
- Drinking more water
Now, I’m challenging YOU! Do you have a few things you need to say no to this month? Let me know what yours are and I’d love to hold you accountable!