Anyone else the ultimate procrastinator, with basically everything?! If you haven’t found your Easter dress yet, don’t worry I can help you find the perfect one, super last minute. It doesn’t have to be stressful, but you do have to set aside some time to do a little shopping!
In my years of shopping and helping friends shop I feel like people always get caught up in this whole “idea” of what they want. Do you ever go out searching for the perfect piece, yet can never find it?! That’s the WORST! So instead of coming up with an idea of an Easter dress that you want, have an open mind, follow these tips and you’ll be spending Easter in the PERFECT dress for you!
How To Find The Perfect Easter Dress
- Stay True To Your Style – I feel like Easter has a “style” and some people might get caught up in what they think they’re supposed to wear versus what that would actually LIKE to wear. If you’re not into preppy, florals, pastels, lace, ruffles, bright colors, etc. Easter can feel a little ick in the getting dressed department. Don’t feel like you HAVE to wear those things. If you’re more into neutrals, go the neutral route. If you like color, just not the springy colors, find a color you do like and wear it! Reds and army greens are great colors for a lot of people that don’t get enough love for Easter. Don’t let that get you down, if you like red, wear red!
- Stick to Styles You Feel Comfortable in and Will Wear Again – No one likes buying a dress and never wearing it again! Think about other events you have coming up for the spring and choose accordingly! I’ve gone through seasons where I was going to showers every other weekend, so an Easter dress that could double as a shower dress is perfect! Or maybe a dress that’s dressy enough as an Easter dress, but could be dressed down with a denim jacket and flats for work. Think of it beyond what you’re buying it for to get the most bang for your buck!
- Set a Budget – An Easter dress might not be something you need to splurge on, so remember that! If you find a $150 dress but have to put it on a credit card to purchase it, you should maybe look for a more budget friendly option. There are SO MANY cute, affordable dresses out there. Don’t spurge if you don’t need to! (We have a ton of under $50 dresses at My Kind of Lovely right now!) Or maybe you do need to splurge on a good one you can wear to a lot of events, if you can, do it!
- Have Fun With It! – Maybe you’ve been wanting to try out a new trend, or have really been wanting a bright, colorful, floral dress for spring, try it out! Don’t be afraid to try something new for Easter and maybe even something a little out of your comfort zone. If you love it, that’s all that matters. Wear it, sista!
- Shop Local – Since it’s the Friday before Easter, your only option is shopping locally, or in person somewhere. Take this opportunity to support your local small businesses and the boutiques in your area! They work super hard to bring you adorable, unique options and I’m sure all the local shops have great Easter dress options! Support your local girlbosses, and they will love you for it! (And if you live in East Tennessee and are still looking, both My Kind of Lovely Locations have lots of adorable Easter dress options for you! :))