This week I was celebrating a friends birthday and of course there was cake. What’s a birthday celebration without cake?! My friends were sweet enough to ask me if I wanted a piece before serving it to me because they know about my healthy lifestyle choices. But what did I say? I said heck yes I want a piece! Why? Because cake isn’t the bad guy here. One piece of cake won’t ruin your diet. Just like one healthy meal doesn’t make you healthy.
How to Eat Healthy and Eat Cake?
- You set boundaries – Are you going to eat cake every night? No. Are you going to eat cake for friends birthday parties? Sure. Are you going to make the best decisions when you’re not faced with fun things like mexican for a girls night or on date night with your guy? YES. My motto is, when I’m in my everyday setting there’s no reason to not eat healthy. I don’t stray when I’m by myself. So that I CAN enjoy when I’m with others.
- Have a plan – If you are going to a celebration or a party, plan ahead. Eat dinner before you go so you won’t be hungry to snack or eat two pieces of cake. You can just have your “treat” and be done. Plan your food for the day. You’re much less likely to stray if you have a plan. And be realistic here too!
- Don’t give in to the “I’ve screwed it up” mentality – I know it’s so easy to throw your hands up and say forget it after you mess up. Don’t do it. Eat one bad meal and get right back on track. Once you go down that eat all the bad things path, it’s so hard to get back on track.
One of the reasons I’m sharing this now is because the holidays are fast approaching! (Book mark this post and come back to it when you need some motivation!) Whether you’re in a place where you don’t want to mess up the hard work you’ve done all year OR you can’t believe 2018 is almost over and you never actually made that change, you’re about to be faced with the hardest temptations of the year! But, we can do it! I’m determined to finish out the year feeling like my best self, so that I can enjoy my work during the holidays and so that I can enjoy my life and my free time during the holidays!
How am I doing this?
- Faster Way to Fat Loss – I’m still following the FASTer Way to Fat Loss diet and exercise plan. So I track my macros, I intermittent fast and I carb cycle for my diet, and I do the FASTer way at home workouts. I love the accountability that I have with this group and that’s why I’ve seen such long term success with this program.
- Last 90 Days Challenge – I’m also doing Rachel Hollis’ #last90days challenge. All it is, is 5 things for you to do every day. Drink half your body weight in water, get 30 minutes of exercise a day, write down 10 things you’re grateful each day, cut out one food group you know you shouldn’t be eating and get up one hour earlier than you usually do. Seems easy, but it’s HARD. I love that’s just 5 things, but 5 things that are in mind everyday. I’m trying to be super intentional about my days and my time so I can be the best me! If you want in on my Last 90 Days accountability group on instagram, let me know and I’ll add you!
If you want to join me in the FASTer Way to Fat Loss there’s a new round starting on Monday!! It’s the perfect time to join, just in time to kick your booty into gear before Thanksgiving! Seriously, you’ll love it and will be feeling AMAZING by the time all those holiday parties roll around! Sign up here!