Eeeek! How is October already over?! I know people say this all the time, but I’m truly kind of freaking out that October is almost over! Mainly because I hate feeling like I let time pass and didn’t get everything I want to get done, done. Prioritizing my time is something I’m working on getting better at, so that I don’t have that feeling of letting the time pass. But another thing I’ve been working on lately is my phone time.
It’s so hard, especially in the pretty seasons, to not be on the phone all the time. Taking photos, posting to instagram and facebook, sharing insta stories, etc. Sometimes I feel like I’m living life behind my phone screen. Lately I’ve been trying to be a lot more intentional on my phone, but I definitely have some improving to do! So here are 5 tips to not being on your phone all the time and enjoying living in the moment!
5 Tips for Enjoying Fall & Not Living Life on Your Phone
- Insta Stories – I’ve been taking lots of photos and videos while I’m in the moment and then have been posting them later once the event/outing/etc. is over. I’ve done this a few times and it’s SO nice! It only takes a few seconds to snap some photos as opposed to taking a photo, finding the right filter, gifs, cute words and music. By the time you post and look up whatever you were doing has totally passed! Just snap away and post later.
- Instagram Posts – I’ve been trying to post more often to instagram but it also means I’m supposed to be engaging more on instagram. It can feel like I need to be on instagram all the time and then I go down this rabbit hole of not being on enough, doing enough, etc. So I’ve been setting aside time to engage, post, and engage more on instagram. But then when that time is up, I put the phone down.
- Airplane Mode – When I’m really trying to stay off my phone and just enjoy, I’ve been turning my phone on airplane mode. Sometimes it’s nice to have no interruptions. You can take all the photos you want, just no notifications for ANYTHING. No dings, no rings, it’s so nice and I’d highly suggest it if you just need to unplug sometimes.
- Notifications – Turn all unnecessary notifications OFF! You don’t need all those distractions! I have all notifications except email and texts off. I don’t have the luxury of turning those two off because of work, but otherwise, I don’t need any others on the day to day.
- Leave it Behind – This is different for everyone, but I know some people set “bed times” and don’t leave the phone in the bed room (I definitely want to do this!), others have a no phones on dates policy, I just listen to myself and put my phone on silent and put it in another room when I need to. Sometimes I’m at work, sometimes I’m at home, sometimes I just don’t want the distraction. Just put it away if you need to.
If ya’ll have any other tips on staying off your phones let me know! I’d love to hear them!